Sunday, May 11, 2008

Responsible citizens

India is a vast nation with vast diversity. In my lifespan of 21 years I have been very hopeful for the growth of Indian society and its conglomeration with the world. This has inculcated me a sense of responsibility and as such I decided to blog my views.
The big question that comes up is that : Why is India still a developing nation ?
The reasons that I've come up with


  • Corruption

  • Ignorance

  • Arrogance

  • Attitude


Corruption is the root cause of most evils in India. We find all sorts of criminals, tax stealers, and many corrupt beauracrats. The root cause again is corruption. People are alluding the arms of justice on sheer power of money and neglect of the government employees. However, the aim of this blog is not to highlight the weaknesses of the government, but the strength of the common man.

How can a common man do something which can bring happiness, growth and prosperity to whole society. The first and the foremost thing is to treat the public places as if it is your own home. Not in a way that you claim it as your own, but care for it as your own. I find people travelling in Railways throwing trash in the train, at the platforms and places but rarely into the dust bins specially provided. And these same people are always there blaming the Railways for the unclean condition of the platforms and trains.

I ask my readers, do we have the right to blaim others when we are ourself to blaim.The main cause of this is uncaring attitude, arrogance ( noone is willing to walk a few steps to the dustbin ) and ignorance. If people are aware of their duties and have a sense of responsibility, these problems will be trivial. Its not an easy task to spread such awareness. But then, what is easy besides blaming others. I urge my readers to go ahead and spread awareness. This blog is one of my initiative.I will talk more in my next entry. Hopefully I will be able to convince a few good men to write a few articles for this blog.

No comments: