Saturday, August 27, 2011

Is it a glimpse of the future or an aberration

The biggest positive that India needs to take from the Anna Hazare's movement against corruption is that India can still unite when it feels the need to do so. Despite all its shortcomings, despite all the high-headedness shown by both the sides and despite the fact that most people did not even understand the impact and clauses of the jan lokpal bill, the movement will and should go down in the history as one of the rare Indian Revolution. A revolution which unlike most others ended peacefully without a shred of bloodshed.
The patience shown by the Indian masses was commendable and in my opinion a sign of bigger things to come. Going by the past history of rioting and lynching throughout the nation, I had almost lost hope that such calm and patience can be extended collectively by India. Kudos to my nation for proving me wrong. This hidden quality of Indians will take the nation far into the realms of progress if it is used when needed.
The voice of the masses was heard without the need for any violence. I may not be a very knowledgeable person but it is my guess that it would be a first for independent India where such large scale protests have all gone so peacefully without violence.
I would like to congratulate my fellow countrymen on achieving this unity. However, my wishes come with a warning, before rising for any movement be aware of its consequences. Not the personal consequences which you face while protesting but the consequences the outcome of the protests is likely to have on the nation.
Jai Hind!!!!

1 comment:

Ratnesh said...

SO finally started posting the blogs as 'public'... Nice nice.. nice write up :)